High quality semi pearled farro organically grown in Italy by a small family farm. An ancient wheat that has been cultivated for over 10,000 years, farro is largely used in the Italian cuisine. Because of its rich flavour and high nutritional properties, it has recently been rediscovered worldwide as a gourmet grain. High in protein, fibre and minerals, farro has also a lower gluten content that may be tolerated by people with minor gluten sensitivities. Note that farro (triticum dicoccum) is not the same as spelt, as often indicated, but it is emmer.
Delicious hot or cold, farro has a robust texture that stands up well in soups or stews. Farro is also a very popular side dish when cooked as a pilaf or a risotto. No pre-soaking needed, ready to be enjoyed in about 30 minute.
- High quality organically grown Italian produce
- No pre-soaking needed, ready to be enjoyed in about 30 minutes
- Delicious in soups or stews, can be used as a side dish when cooked as a pilaf or a risotto.
- Farro has significantly less gluten than wheat and may be tolerated by people with minor gluten sensitivities
- Very healthy: rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, iron, potassium, and low in fat
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.