High quality lentils – Castelluccio di Norcia variety – organically grown in Umbria, Central Italy, by a small family run company. Tiny and exceptionally tasty, these lentils vary in in colour: from spotted green to pale yellow, to orange and light brown. With their delicately nutty taste, thin skin, soft consistency and distinctive shape which remains firm to the bite after cooking, they are indeed the finest variety of lentils available on the market. Produced for centuries in the high plains of Umbria in Central Italy, they are now appreciated as a gourmet speciality by chefs and foodies all over the world.
No pre-soaking needed. Phenomenal in soups, salads, or on top of toasted bread, Umbrian lentils are ready to be enjoyed in about 30 minutes.
- High quality organically grown Italian produce, the finest variety of lentils available on the market
- No pre-soaking needed, ready to be enjoyed in about 30 minutes
- They have a nutty taste, thin skin, soft consistency and retain their shape when cooked
- Excellent with many dishes, from soups and stew to salads and meat
- Very healthy: they are rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, iron, potassium, and are low in fat